Christmas Lights

I apologise now, but a lot of our evening walks at the moment are all about the Christmas lights – it's just how it is when we can't walk much until after dark because of work and school. So if you don't like Christmas lights, you should probably skip the next few posts. They're completely pointless posts, but I've uploaded the pictures now, so I might as well carry on. I haven't even got anything interesting to say about them – I just took a bunch of pictures while we were out, and you'll recall that I love fairy lights at any time of year. 

Lo! Even the sparsest and lowliest shrub can be transformed into a thing of joy and beauty with the addition of some multicoloured LEDs. Verily, 'tis truth!


Understated. I like how some people just bung some lights out onto some trees any old 'ow. That'll do. Merry Christmas. 


And then just up the road you've got these. You've seen this house before, of course, but they've added a Coca-Cola truck make of cans. It's made all the difference. I did feel like it looked a little unfinished before.


This one didn't come out right in the photo – I couldn't capture its essence at all. It looked very wintry and was one of my favourites, but it just looks like a blue blur here.


Really, once you've seen these, what's the point of Christmas trees without hats? All Christmas trees should have them, I declare!


Ooooh, red lights. Lovely. But I do feel these trees would benefit from hats. Hats would set them off so nicely.


But perhaps a hat would look silly on this pretty little tree. I like this one very much. I think, wherever we're living next year, we'll have a pretty little tree by our front door. Very sweet.


The last lights of the evening are just down the road from us. Our neighbours do this to their round conifer every year, like a magnificant rainbow Christmas pudding.


More lights tomorrow, for those who haven't been outside of an evening!

WQ

Comments